function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Walter@AdicioWalter@Adicio 

Error with apex class called 'tom_test_cancellation' from salesforce time-off manager app

Hello,

I need help tracking down what is causing this error. It seems to be a read permission error, but everyone has read permission so I do not understand what does not have read permission.

Method Name:

tom_test_cancellation.test_cancellation

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0M50000000yOJ4EAM; first error: TRANSFER_REQUIRES_READ, The new owner must have read permission

Stack Trace:

Class.ptoPackage.cancel_request_without_commit: line 444, column 3 Class.tom_test_cancellation.test_cancellation: line 53, column 6 External entry point

public class ptoPackage { public static void cancel_request_without_commit(Id request_id) { Time_Off_Request__c[] tors = [select Id, Status__c from Time_Off_Request__c where (Id = :request_id) and (IsDeleted = false)]; if (tors.size() == 0) { throw new Time_Off_Exception('There is no Time Off Request with ID \'' + request_id + '\', so it cannot be canceled.'); } System.assert(tors.size() == 1); if ((tors[0].Status__c != 'Approved') && (tors[0].Status__c != 'Rejected') && (tors[0].Status__c != 'Requires Re-Approval')) { throw new Time_Off_Exception('A Time Off Request cannot be closed if it is in the ' + tors[0].Status__c + ' state.'); } tors[0].Status__c = 'Canceled'; update tors; } }

As far as I can tell the method 'cancel_request_without_commit' sets status of the current 'Time_Off_Request__c' to 'Canceled' if the status is 'Approved','Rejected', or 'Requires Re-Approval', else it throws an error message.

I know in the time-off manager pto request process the 'Time_Off_Request__c' record ownership changes. It changes to the designated 'approval process' user when the record is in the approval process and the status is 'pending approval'. When the status is 'approved' the owner of the 'Time_Off_Request__c' record is the 'Time_Off_Manager_Payroll' queue as a way of locking them down. When you cancel a 'Time_Off_Request__c' the owner goes back to the 'Time_Off_Request__c' record creator if it is different. So I think I understand how the error message relates to transfering ownership of record.

I check the objects for the time off manager and every user profile has at least read permission for all objects. Its setup as suggested in the customization guide. For most users they have more than the minimum permission, but every users profile meets the minimum. Is there something else I should check?

Do you think its safe to assume since this error does not happen in the sandbox with the exact same configuration setup. In a configuration only sandbox with no data records. That the problem is with the 'Time_Off_Request__c' data records in production that the 'cancel_request_without_commit' can runa against? In other words its the data not the configuration?

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

In case anyone visists this post I wanted to post what the cause of the problem was.

I dont know why all of a sudden the original developers test class is grabbing invalid users to test with but that was the problem. You can see my comment below for the 'users' collection.

public static Map<String, User> get_test_user_ids() { Map<String, User> result = new Map<String, User>(); User[] users = [select Id, Employee_Number__c, Manager_PTO__c, LastName from User where isActive = true // walter@adicio change to limit to only standard userType // we started receiving test failures for TOR request ownership // transfer, and determined the broad criteria of just grabbing // an active user technically can grab a customer portal user, // force.com sites guest user, and so on, basically any user and UserType = 'Standard'limit 3]; if (users.size() != 3) { throw new ptoPackage.Time_Off_Exception('There must be at least 3 users in order to test the Time Off Manager application.'); } users[0].FirstName = 'Test'; users[0].LastName = 'Manager'; users[0].Manager_PTO__c = null; users[0].Employee_Number__c = 'TEST 1'; users[1].FirstName = 'Test'; users[1].LastName = 'Subordinate'; users[1].Manager_PTO__c = users[0].Id; users[1].Employee_Number__c = 'TEST 2'; users[2].FirstName = 'Test'; users[2].LastName = 'Subordinate2'; users[2].Manager_PTO__c = users[0].Id; users[2].Employee_Number__c = 'TEST 3'; update users; Set<Id> user_ids = new Set<Id>(); for (User user : users) { user_ids.add(user.Id); } System.assert(user_ids.size() == 3); Time_Off_Info__c[] old_tois = [select Id from Time_Off_Info__c where User__c in :user_ids]; if ((old_tois != null) && (old_tois.size() > 0)) { delete old_tois; } Time_Off_Info__c[] new_tois = new Time_Off_Info__c[0]; for (User user : users) { Time_Off_Info__c new_toi = ptoPackage.build_time_off_info(user, 0, 'TEST'); new_tois.add(new_toi); result.put(user.LastName, user); if (user.LastName == 'Manager') { System.assert(user.Manager_PTO__c == null); } else { System.assert(user.Manager_PTO__c != null); } } insert new_tois; return result; }

All Answers

In case anyone visists this post I wanted to post what the cause of the problem was.

I dont know why all of a sudden the original developers test class is grabbing invalid users to test with but that was the problem. You can see my comment below for the 'users' collection.

public static Map<String, User> get_test_user_ids() { Map<String, User> result = new Map<String, User>(); User[] users = [select Id, Employee_Number__c, Manager_PTO__c, LastName from User where isActive = true // walter@adicio change to limit to only standard userType // we started receiving test failures for TOR request ownership // transfer, and determined the broad criteria of just grabbing // an active user technically can grab a customer portal user, // force.com sites guest user, and so on, basically any user and UserType = 'Standard'limit 3]; if (users.size() != 3) { throw new ptoPackage.Time_Off_Exception('There must be at least 3 users in order to test the Time Off Manager application.'); } users[0].FirstName = 'Test'; users[0].LastName = 'Manager'; users[0].Manager_PTO__c = null; users[0].Employee_Number__c = 'TEST 1'; users[1].FirstName = 'Test'; users[1].LastName = 'Subordinate'; users[1].Manager_PTO__c = users[0].Id; users[1].Employee_Number__c = 'TEST 2'; users[2].FirstName = 'Test'; users[2].LastName = 'Subordinate2'; users[2].Manager_PTO__c = users[0].Id; users[2].Employee_Number__c = 'TEST 3'; update users; Set<Id> user_ids = new Set<Id>(); for (User user : users) { user_ids.add(user.Id); } System.assert(user_ids.size() == 3); Time_Off_Info__c[] old_tois = [select Id from Time_Off_Info__c where User__c in :user_ids]; if ((old_tois != null) && (old_tois.size() > 0)) { delete old_tois; } Time_Off_Info__c[] new_tois = new Time_Off_Info__c[0]; for (User user : users) { Time_Off_Info__c new_toi = ptoPackage.build_time_off_info(user, 0, 'TEST'); new_tois.add(new_toi); result.put(user.LastName, user); if (user.LastName == 'Manager') { System.assert(user.Manager_PTO__c == null); } else { System.assert(user.Manager_PTO__c != null); } } insert new_tois; return result; }

This was selected as the best answer
deepak1.3956330618074822E12deepak1.3956330618074822E12
Any solution for this error? i am not able to port a trigger from sandbox to the production.

thanks in advance

Regards
Deepak