function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RajManiaRajMania 

Apex explorer not working for version API 18

I have to use Group By clause in SOQL which only work in version 18 of API, but when I change the version to 18 in Apex explorer, it is throwing error. any help?

Raj

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MiddhaMiddha

This is a .net application and the code is available when we install it on our machine.

I think, Simon meant that we have to recompile the source with latest wsdl :(

Has anyone already done this? I am a Java guy and not comfortable doing this. Please let us know if anyone has a new compiled version. 

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
You would have to rebuild it with a v18 WSDL, there are many many changes between the api version it was built with and v18.
RajManiaRajMania
Thanks Simon for fast reply, please tell where exactly need to change, earlier we modify the only the endpoint like 'https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/16.0' with version and it was working
MiddhaMiddha

This is a .net application and the code is available when we install it on our machine.

I think, Simon meant that we have to recompile the source with latest wsdl :(

Has anyone already done this? I am a Java guy and not comfortable doing this. Please let us know if anyone has a new compiled version. 

This was selected as the best answer
MarissaMarissa

Was there ever any update on this?  Is SFDC going to release a new version of Apex Explorer that will be compatible with API 18.0 changes or are we supposed to figure out some hack ourselves?

Ken_KoellnerKen_Koellner

Does anyone know if an API 18 version is available for download?

I don't have a .NET environment set up.  If it was Java, I could probably whip it off in an hour.

-K