function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sidbsidb 

Unable to save a apex trigger in Force.com IDE

Hi

I am using eclipse to write a new apex trigger.

and I am getting the attached error message. Any help would be great.

I am getting error message. An expected error has occurred.

trigger RequestLineItem_AfterInsert on Request_Line_Item__c (after insert) {
	for(Request_Line_Item__c reqli: trigger.new){
		List<Product_Group__c> pg = [Select p.id, p.Technical_Owner__c, p.Business_Owner__c From Product_Group__c p where Product_Group__c =
										:reqli.Product_Group__c LIMIT 1];

//reqli.Product_Group_Object__c = pg.get(0).id;
		update reqli;

}
}

adam_purkissadam_purkiss

At a quick glance I noticed you are performing DML within a loop, which is a bad thing in a trigger.  See bulkified triggers.

However, I can't help you with receiving "An expected error has occurred" :)  You probably meant unexpected.  Anyway, you also are creating a:

List<Product_Group__c>

where the return value is always 1 element - "limit 1"

Next, you're making no change to anything since the change that I assume was going to be made is commented out so you are performing an update in a loop on data that hasn't changed:

update reqli;

But as for the unexpected error when trying to save the trigger??  I'd kill your project in Eclipse and create a new one with your login, password and security token.  Projects occasionally need to be rebuilt.

Hope that helps.

Adam

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Do you have any error decorators to the right of the scrollbar on the source - i.e. a red square at the top or red bars below?

Also, what org are you trying to save the trigger to - if its a production org it won't allow you to save directly.