function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Doug ACFDoug ACF 

Salesforce Time Standard

We are building an integration that requires us to send a time value that is within 30 seconds of the NIST standard time.  Does anyone know if the Salesforce server timestamp is synced to NIST?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Basically  Salesforce server timestamp works on GMT timezone. You can change GMT time zone  to NIST  Timezone according to your requirement.

You can use getservertimestamp() method, it would provide Coordinated Universal Timezone(UTC). Please refer the documentaton available on  

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_getservertimestamp.htm 

Doug ACFDoug ACF

My question is not about time zones but whether Salesforce is synced with a standard time reference like time.nist.gov.  The issue is that if Salesforce thinks its 02:00:00 UTC but the interfacing server thinks its 02:00:31, it will reject our webservice request. 

RohitSbgRohitSbg

Hey Doug!

Were you able to find out  the Salesforce.com server clock sync mechanism? If so, please let me know..

Cheers

Rohit

fvarallofvarallo

Hello all,

I am being asked by one of my clients' IT Certification and Auditing Committee for evidence of Salesforce's server synchronization, exactly as requested on this posting. Has anyone got this answer? Doug? Salesforce Moderator?

Thanks,

Fabio Varallo - Cloud Consulting Services
fvarallo@consultcloud.com
www.cloudconsultingservices.com

Sanchivan SivadasanSanchivan Sivadasan
Hi there, 

Has anyone found the answer for this? I was asked the same question today. Thanks.

Sanchivan S.
Patrick Quenga 7Patrick Quenga 7
Working the same question for the DoD as well, via the Risk Management Framework process. Need to know how Salesforce syncs their times for each Org in the tenant environment (Salesforce GovCloud), how often is the sync performed, and if the internal Time Server (NTP) is synced to a national service, like the United States Naval Observatory (UNSO). Thanks!