function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EllenataplEllenatapl 

URGENT! APEX Code For Class Enrollment,Creating Link For Enrollment, or Other Options

We are a nonprofit that customized the Salesforce Class Enrollment (changed the object names- Classes to Forum Series, Class  to Forum) {we also added custom fields, but they do not come into play for this question.} We are looking to find a way for people to register for a particular Forum through th Enrollment. The enrollment has a look up relationship with Forum Name and a master detail relationship with Contact.

Dreamworld- one organization is requesting a forum series - 6 forums in a row. We do have Form Assembly. I have been trying to create a form that could be used for this purpose; but...I am having issues with sorting out how to... associate the specific forums to the enrollment. I tried using a hidden field and inserting the record ID, but it did not like it. Unfortunately, the Form Assembly Saleforce expert is off today. Sadness. The organization is requesting one email with a way to register for all six forums. Is this possible? If not, I still have the challenge of associating the correct forum with the enrollment registration (note- the registration is the status field- we were going to create a check box for the only option of registered. Once the person completed the forum, or was absent, we would adjust accordingly. The other options are- absent, completed, canceled)

If we have to have an email sent out from the Forum Object, how would this be done? Again, we were going to try to use a Form Assembly Form to accomplish this. But not certain what fields need to be included to have them associated correctly.

Another option- We were trying to get a link to our website calendar (which is a google calendar) on the days the forums are scheduled, which will allow people to register. We were going to collect the email addresses, allowing updating of existing contact  I spoke with support- they said yes, but APEX Code will need to be created.  There are times only certain organizations can sign up, (like only domestic violence survivors)... is this possible to do?

We are open to learning of other ways to accomplish this...requesting moments of geniusness....

Let me see if I included all I know to...

The woman from Hope Outreach would like me to send her one email, allowing her to register her clients to 6 classes (which will be held- Mon-Fri) & 1 support workshop (held the following Tuesday). I have set up the Forum (s)(previously classes from Salesforce Class Enrollment) in Salesforcevia Forum Series Object- the names are:

Module 2 APLS Check It Out HOC9/20/2010
Module 3 APLS MoneyMatters HOC9/21/2010
Module 4 APLS Pay Yourself First HOC9/22/2010

Module 6 APLS Charge It Right HOC9/23/2010
Module 15 APLS Improving Employment Opportunities HOC9/24/2010

Module 16 APLSProfessionalismHOC9/24/2010
Support Workshop HOC9/24/2010

Someone can register for the classes via the Enrollment object; the has a look up relationship with the forum and a master detail relationship with Contact- We just need to have the follow fields completed:

Student Name
Registered
Forum Name

Contact- We were also going to ask for the participant's email address, and map this into salesforce with an update existing if field matches email in contact or create new.

First Question, Is it possible to...create one or 6 links for the Forum registration and send them out via one email? Is there a better way to do this? What is the suggested way to sort this out? I am open to options, ideas, moments of geniusness...

Also, the class size needs to be limited to 15. Is there a way to let people know the class is full?

Any help is truly appreciated!

Ever Hopeful,

Ellen