function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scottyscotty 

Workflow rule - field update

I have a rule created to utilize the priorvalue of a date field that does not trigger the field update as desired.  To push the field update check box for a new purchasing customer I have used

ISNULL(PRIORVALUE(OL_Last_Purchase__c))

after 30 days I am using this workflow rule to set the new customer field to blank

PRIORVALUE( OL_Last_Purchase__c )>= TODAY()-30

I also have a rule set on the same field for another field update that is based on resurrecting the customer after 365 days has past

PRIORVALUE( OL_Last_Purchase__c )<= TODAY()-365

after 30 days I am using this workflow rule to set the resurrected customer field to blank

PRIORVALUE( OL_Last_Purchase__c )>= TODAY()-30

This is all to ensure that our sales reps get compensated for new and resurrected customers.

I maybe trying to utilize to many rules to complete my desires.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AgiAgi

Hi,

you can use a time based workflow, in Step2: configure workflow rule

Rule Criteria: OL Last Purchase not equal to null
Evaluation Criteria Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

add Time-Dependent Workflow Actions:
-add time trigger:
30 Days After  OL Last Purchase

add the workflow actions that should be triggered 30 days after

-add time trigger:
365 Days After  OL Last Purchase

add the workflow actions

the workflows are only triggered when the records are edited, so maybe you have to do a mass update, and after you can check under Monitor / Time-Based Workflow.

scottyscotty

I dont think time based workflow will provide what i need.  I need this to be based on the OL last purchase date, which is a live feed from our operating system.  That is the only reason i chose to use the priorvalue functionality.  Any otehr ideas?