function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pDaisiespDaisies 

APEX not working with Eclipse

So I've followed the instruction guide several times over and I keep running into this problem Every time it try to create a project it won't let me past the APEX project creation wizard. I have a developer account and it won't work -

https://prerelna1.pre.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0 I've used all the common SOAP endpoints. What am I doing wrong. Any direction would be great

DevAngelDevAngel
Well, not sure what the issue is as several dozen people are now using this.

The requirements again are:
Eclipse 3.2
Web Tools Project and any dependencies
A developer edition account that is running Winter 07 (you can tell this when you log into salesforce.com and see either na1 or na0 in the url.  These are the only two pods that have the early relase on them).

If you meet the requirements above and create a new project, accept the default for url and make sure that the checkbox below the url is NOT checked.

Current version of the toolkit at the time of this posting is 8.0.1003.

Cheers
pDaisiespDaisies
So I have
Version: 3.2.1
Build id: M20060921-0945

and I'm on the na1 .

I'm getting this response :

Check username, password and endpoint.
failure to parse detail: START_TAG seen.../faultstring><detail><sf:fault xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault"> and it goes on

I've reset my password, restarted my system in the case the recent java install might have influenced something, I've followed the install guide and videos.

what the heck is going on here.

TJG_AGTJG_AG

Hi Dave,

My developer account runs on na3 - do we know when this might get upgraded or is it possible to get the account shifted to na0/na1?

Andrew

DevAngelDevAngel
Winter 07 is fully release to all instances.

To enable your DE account follow this link:

https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Apex_Code_Developer_Preview_Program
DPFrazierDPFrazier
I've installed the Apex toolkit for Eclipse 3.2.1 per the instructions.  When I try to create a new project, I get the error message

"The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason:
Plug-in com.appexchange.toolkit was unable to load class com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.AppExchangeProjectWizard."

Here are installed appexchange plugins, according to Configuration Details.  Am I missing something?

../eclipse/plugins/com.appexchange.toolkit.documentation_8.0.1005.jar
../eclipse/plugins/com.appexchange.toolkit_8.0.1005.jar

Please help!

Thanks,
Dean

DPFrazierDPFrazier
Thanks to Adam Gross, I got through this issue (ProjectWizard wouldn't launch) by upgrading to a more current version of Java.  I was on v1.4.2, which didn't work; v1.6 does.

-Dean