function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jadentjadent 

AppExchange and Governing Limits

I could really use some help on clarification as i've been getting mixed answers.

According to the documentation Understanding Governing Limits an app by ISV partners run in their own limits. But now i'm being told in order to achieve this your AppExchange app must be an Aloha app. Can a non Aloha app still achieve the status where the app gets its own set of governing limits to run in?

If an app with its own governor limits gets does any native code ever count towards the limits of the package? Example if the package code updates a contact, and there is a native contact trigger in the org that fires does the native trigger code execute under the governor limits on the appexchange package or the limits of the native org?

thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

Any commercial app can be aloha enabled.  Just log a ticket in the partner portal to request this feature.  If you have not registered as a partner, go to www.salesforce.com/partners.  

Yes, if it's aloha enabled, the sub orgs native trigger won't count against your limits even if your code causes it to fire.  

All Answers

gv007gv007

MANAGED PACKAGE APPLICATION HAVE IT OWN GOVERNER LIMIT.BECAUSE IT HAVE IT OWN NAME SPACE.IT WON'T INTERFEARE WITH UNMANAGED CODE GOVERNER LIMITSS.

I THINK  THE APPLICATION TYPE IS NOT NECESSAY ONLY NAME SAPACE/

jadentjadent

thanks gv, but is this for all managed packages though or just via the appexchange, or just marked by salesforce?

also any thoughts on the code execution? if the package in question updates a contact record and as a result spawns a native trigger in the org does that trigger count towards the packages limits?

i have a managed package right now that performs 18 SOQL queries, then updates a contact which fires a native trigger in the installed org. The native org trigger issues 4 SOQL queries, so when it gets to the 3rd SOQl query the 20 SOQL governor limit is triggered.

A_SmithA_Smith

Any commercial app can be aloha enabled.  Just log a ticket in the partner portal to request this feature.  If you have not registered as a partner, go to www.salesforce.com/partners.  

Yes, if it's aloha enabled, the sub orgs native trigger won't count against your limits even if your code causes it to fire.  

This was selected as the best answer
jadentjadent

thanks Andrew for clearing that up. There is a lot of confusion out there regarding this. Even salesforce support has told me that Aloha apps don't even run in their own governor limits it only affects custom app, tabs, objects. 

One other point of confusion as i have received mixed answers on is if your app needs to be installable on GE and PE (group and professional editions) in order be considered for Aloha. I have had support tell me yes and no. The documentation online seems can be taken either way. From "How to make an Aloha App?" "...Keep in mind you may still need to re-architect your app to support GE/PE, even with these special permissions active."

Thanks!

ErikTheTinkererErikTheTinkerer
These cross-namespace limits apply only to namespaces in *certified managed packages*. Namespaces in packages that are not certified don’t have their own separate governor limits. The resources they use continue to count against the same governor limits used by your org's custom code.