function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christ.atcChrist.atc 

Can't login in refreshed sandbox

HELP , I have refreshed a sandbox but cannot login since.  I have used the production login + the sandbox name and the same password but i can't login .

Does the login / password change when you refresh a sandbox?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BrianHBrianH

I found that when I refreshed our sandbox, an email was generated and sent to me.  This email contained a list of users that couldn't be created with their original user names.  This is usually because these users exist in a previously copied sandobx and user names must be unique across all sandboxes.

Anyway, the list of users contained their new ID, including the "randomly" assigned string.  This randomly assigned string is NOT the name of the Sandbox that got refreshed.  (The name of the sandbox is appended to the end of the username.  This string was appended to the front of the username in conjunction with the sandbox name on the end.)  The string is the last 7 digits of the sandboxes 18 character organizationID.

All Answers

ScoobieScoobie

Several things spring to mind

are you trying to access your sandbox on the correct URL

http://test.salesforce.com

are you using the correct user name

If you access live using:

me@myorg.com

Access the sandbox using

me@myorg.com.sandboxname

Can you verify you are doing these things first

JoshGuiJoshGui

I went through some trouble with this recently - I have two sandboxes, and have found that I have sort of a "default" one that does not require me to add the sandbox extension name when I login.

So if I go to test.salesforce.com, I can log into the alternate sandbox by logging in as joshg@email.com.dev3, but to get into the main one I use (which is actually .dev4) I just log in with my normal email address.

Christ.atcChrist.atc

Thanks for the  help. I finally figured out the problem!

When I did the refresh , salesforece added a random string  ('fng8mag') before every user id , that's why i couldnt login anymore!

BrianHBrianH

Just curious how you found the random string that was appended to the username?  I am running into the exact same problem with not being able to login to a newly refreshed sandbox.

Padma@BangalorePadma@Bangalore

Even am facing a similar problem! But, how do we identify the random string appended.. We are unable to even connect to this sandbox.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

rao6308rao6308

The string being added is no random string

It is the name of the Sandbox that got refreshed recently from Production.

Hope this helps.

BrianHBrianH

I found that when I refreshed our sandbox, an email was generated and sent to me.  This email contained a list of users that couldn't be created with their original user names.  This is usually because these users exist in a previously copied sandobx and user names must be unique across all sandboxes.

Anyway, the list of users contained their new ID, including the "randomly" assigned string.  This randomly assigned string is NOT the name of the Sandbox that got refreshed.  (The name of the sandbox is appended to the end of the username.  This string was appended to the front of the username in conjunction with the sandbox name on the end.)  The string is the last 7 digits of the sandboxes 18 character organizationID.

This was selected as the best answer
Padma@BangalorePadma@Bangalore

This problem is resolved. It is an internal bug in Salesforce. After contacting Salesforce Premier Support, they gave us that random string which has been mistakenly prepended to all the usernames in the org. Later we did a data migration to correct the other usernames.

Hope this helps!

Sachin Verma 88Sachin Verma 88
Thanks BrianH !
Hitesh NimjeHitesh Nimje
Hi Everone,
      If you Refreshed the Sandbox, then sandbox password is by default set to Production Password.
Username is same as Productionusername+ ".sandboxname"
Hope this will solve your problem.
Thanks.
Mark this answer as best ,if it help For you.