function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sean*harrisonsean*harrison 

Fetch Cycle Limit Reached - Component Deployment

I see from the search results that I'm not the only one to have had problems with the Eclipse IDE but I'm wondering how I can get past a roadblock. I've tried all day to deploy a trigger to the production org and the IDE always hangs at Deployment Plan Step 3 of 4. After ten minutes or so I'll get a "Fetch Cycle Limit Reached - Server procesing time has exceeded limit (600 secs) Abort operation or Continue waiting for server?"  At this point I'll try again, but it never finishes. Is there a log file in the IDE I can look at to see what is going on? Can I do anything? :smileysad:

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

This may or may not be the solution but I found updating to the latest and standalone version of the IDE has reduced the problem considerably. Just FYI.  Thanks, Bylithium, for the reminder to use change sets as that came in very handy.  : )

All Answers

BylithiumBylithium

have you tried deploying it with the change sets..

A good and practical suggestion. I'll give it a try.

This may or may not be the solution but I found updating to the latest and standalone version of the IDE has reduced the problem considerably. Just FYI.  Thanks, Bylithium, for the reminder to use change sets as that came in very handy.  : )

This was selected as the best answer