function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anandanandanandanand 

new button in apex class is not displayed in my enterprise edition

"New" button in apex class is not displayed in my enterprise edition How to get "New" button in enterprise edition or else which edition will display "New" button
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
_Prasu__Prasu_

Creating a new apex class in the production environment is not allowed. you will require creating a class in Sandbox instance  and then deploying it to production using change set or eclipse or ant tool.

All Answers

SargeSarge

Hi,

Can you check "Author Apex" permission in "Administrative Permissons" of the profile you are assigned? It needs to be checkd in  order to create Apex classes / triggers

anandanandanandanand
thanks for ur reply "Author Apex" permission in "Administrative Permissons" is checked but not New button in apex class is not displayed
_Prasu__Prasu_

Creating a new apex class in the production environment is not allowed. you will require creating a class in Sandbox instance  and then deploying it to production using change set or eclipse or ant tool.

This was selected as the best answer
SargeSarge

i agree with prassanna. I overlooked the possibility that the instance you are referring might be a production.

Anyways, if the salesforce instance is prod, you cannot create a apex class. you need to create them in an sandbox and then deploy it to the prod.

Thanks prasanna.