function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NasirNasir 

Error to through before save button.

Hi

I have created a class called "credit check" and i have a visual force page for this.I want to create a condition under which if the fields are empty and when i try to save it,should through an error for that condition.

As i have written the condition in  class credit check  and i have VF page and connect it to the controller creditcheck.cls.But here i am facing the issue,that the record is saving  and at the top of Save button the error comes up and when i edit it, then it shows me the field which all i have not filled.What should i do to through the error before the record is saved.

I know it can be done by the trigger(before insert, before update).But i want this to be done in the class.

Help me

Thanks

Nasir

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Is there a reason why you can't use the required attribute on the inputfields themselves?  That would be handled by the platform rather than you having to write custom code.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can use salesforce class 'errorMsg' to handle this functionality.

Tryout the sample code given below :

<div class="errorMsg" style="display:none">

<strong> Error: </strong>You must enter a value

</div>

Hope this helps.

NasirNasir

Hi,

yes i am trying to use Required attribute for this but some how when i am clicking save,it is not saving and the error message is " 

ErrorError: Unknown property 'Credit_Check__cStandardController.Oppr'

"

The condition is this

If "Business Type" = Limited Company/Plc/Charity & New Supplier = Eon & the "Product" not equal to "Bespoke" then the following fields must be completed:

Account Name
Company Registered Number or Charity Number
Date of Incorporation
Company Registered Address
Billing Address
Phone

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem labelStyle="width: 300px" dataStyle="width: 200px"> 
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Billing Address" for="CCheck.Billing_Address__c" /> 
                    <apex:inputtextarea id="msgpost" cols="24" rows="4"  value="{!CCheck.Billing_Address__c}" required="{!AND(Oppr.New_Supplier__c == 'Eon' , Oppr.Product_Name__c != 'Bespoke Price')}" /> 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I can't see why that code would cause that save error. When I've hit unknown property errors in the past, it normally means I've misspelled the field name.