function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Leigh0725Leigh0725 

User Details fields - editable through triggers?

Can anyone tell me where the " Receive Approval Request Emails" field is stored at?  It's located on the User personal information screen, in the "Approver Settings" section.  Also, is this something that can be locked down or at least changed via a trigger? 

Thanks!

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The easiest way of finding if a field is acessible or not is to do the investigation in salesforce IDE  Ecllipse, there as one checks out the whole org , the schema of the org is also checked out and one can navigate the schema to find out which object or which field has what type of access allowed by salesforce , if a field is readable , createable , qieryable, nillable, etc.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Leigh0725Leigh0725

I installed the program and located the schema (at least what I think is where I am supposed to be), and am still not able to see where this field is being stored.  I am beginning to think SF does not allow us to have access to it.  I wish there was a way to 'lock down' the user information interface.  I know our management does not care to have user's being able to change some of the information. 

leasleas

I get the same issue, and seems like this field is not accesible from API :(

Need to vote for  SFDC to enable it.

djacobsondjacobson
The "Receive Approval Request Emails" field is located on the People record under > My Settings> Personal> Approval Settings. You have to access this manually in order to change the value. (I had to login as them as an Admin).