function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ppiyushppiyush 

Transferring Apex Default User

Hello!

I wanted to transfer the ownership of some Apex Classes and Triggers to another user (also System Admin) and was wondering how I go about doing that?

Would I have to re-create them? Or is there a way of re-assigning them from within Salesfore Setup page?

Any guidance would be extremely helpful.

thanks,

Pranav

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ppiyushppiyush

i was running some batch updates using one user account, and they would get exported (as part of integration with another internal system we have), and i wanted to prevent the export - so wanted to transfer the execution to another user.

its ok now, as we just had to schedule the batch using a different login, and that worked.

All Answers

MiddhaMiddha

What exactly do you mean by ownership and how does it matter? Can you share a Use case what are you trying to achieve?

ppiyushppiyush

i was running some batch updates using one user account, and they would get exported (as part of integration with another internal system we have), and i wanted to prevent the export - so wanted to transfer the execution to another user.

its ok now, as we just had to schedule the batch using a different login, and that worked.

This was selected as the best answer