function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkatFESDEVvenkatFESDEV 

need communication between vf's component and vf's controller apex class

Hi,

I have a google visualization's data table(this is a visual force component) which consist of list of record,my task is if user select a row from the table ,I have to fetch the selected row values from visual force component to my visual force page's controller class (not a component controller).

Simply I want to make a communication from vf's custom component to my vf page's controller apex class.

Is it possible to make a such communication while selecting the row values?

please guide us.

<apex:page controller="ParentController"> <apex:form> <apec:pageblock id="pageId"> <c:googleTable jsondata="{!equipment}" barwidth="620" height="14em" Id="component"> <!-- I tried this action supprt to refresh the page,but it doesn't work <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" rerender="pageId" /> --> </c:googleTable> </apec:pageblock> </apex:form> <!-- I need communication from googleTable to ParentController class --> </apex:page>

Thanks in advance

Venki

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SamuelDeRyckeSamuelDeRycke

This is an old question, but as people may still bump into it trough search engines, this is a possible solution:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Controller_Component_Communication

All Answers

Venkat PolisettVenkat Polisett

venkatFESDEV wrote:

Hi,

I have a google visualization's data table(this is a visual force component) which consist of list of record,my task is if user select a row from the table ,I have to fetch the selected row values from visual force component to my visual force page's controller class (not a component controller).

Simply I want to make a communication from vf's custom component to my vf page's controller apex class.

Is it possible to make a such communication while selecting the row values?

please guide us.

<apex:page controller="ParentController"> <apex:form> <apec:pageblock id="pageId"> <c:googleTable jsondata="{!equipment}" barwidth="620" height="14em" Id="component"> <!-- I tried this action supprt to refresh the page,but it doesn't work <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" rerender="pageId" /> --> </c:googleTable> </apec:pageblock> </apex:form> <!-- I need communication from googleTable to ParentController class --> </apex:page>

Thanks in advance

Venki

Look into this thread: Link

SPDSPD

hi..

even i have the same issue of communication between vf's controller and compnents controller...but as an alternative i used the apex controller as common controller for both vf and component and implemented the logic inside the component's controller in the apex controller...

but still im want to know a way by which i can communicate between the two diff controllers(vf's apex controller and components controller)

SureshwarSureshwar

@SPD

Hi, I also having same problem, what you are facing. Please let me know how could you resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sureshwar

SamuelDeRyckeSamuelDeRycke

This is an old question, but as people may still bump into it trough search engines, this is a possible solution:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Controller_Component_Communication

This was selected as the best answer