function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheReportDoctorTheReportDoctor 

Execute Anonymous in the Eclipse IDE Only Returns 'Anonymous execution was successful' message

I have two workspaces in Eclipse.  One for production (linked to a production version of  salesforce.com) and one for development (linked to a development edition of salesforce.com).  The production one returns details of the execution including the system.debug ouput.  The log level in production is set to Debug.  If I run the same code in the development environment it only returns 'Anonymous execution was successful' no matter what setting you use for the log level.
ryanhcaryanhca

I've noticed this same thing -- seems to be related to the new release.

Really sucks. I'd like to know why this is happening too.

You might also be able to use the System Log link at the top of the page to run Apex Code. May not be exactly what you're looking for, but it usually works for me.

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)
I am seeing the same thing in Eclipse working against an NA7 instance: just the message. The system log is also not producing any output, regardless of the filter settings.
SteveFromTLSteveFromTL
Since Spring '10, I no longer get System.debug output either in the IDE or the system log browser window. The only way to get this output is to enable and find debug logs in the UI - a major hit to productivity.