function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ErikOSnet0ErikOSnet0 

Developing for multi-currency and multiple production instances

Can someone please share tips on the best way to target multiple production instances for development where one has multi-currency enabled, and another does not. 

They share a lot of code, so I have thus far kept them together, but only deploy shared classes to both.  Some classes are instance specific.   These classes tend to extend the shared classes. 

I'm just concerned about potential unintended consequences of continuing to target both instances where they don't both have multi-currency enabled, particularly if I begin to write re-usable code to support creating data in a specific currency.  I could use two development instances, but don't know if that is realistic or benefical due to the need to share most of the code.  

Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS
In your code if you are treating the currency fields as Decimal numbers, you really won't have an issue. If you are doing "exchange rate" related calculations in your code (not sure why you would do that), then you might be out of luck trying to have re-usable code. You might want to componentize your code so that you can keep the re-usable parts together.