function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sparkysparky 

Eclipse IDE finds differences where there are none

I've been having this problem with the latest release of the Force.com IDE in Eclipse:

When I go to deploy from sandbox to production, using step 3 of the deployment wizard, the IDE thinks a number of files have changed, and need to be overwritten, when in fact nothing has changed.  I can refresh both sides, do a compare in eclipse, and there are no differences.  However, the deployment wizard still wants to overwrite.

This seems to be happening with some kinds of files and not others.  For example, apex code sseems to work correctly.  But some of the xml file types are exhibiting this behavior.  The ones that seem to always show differences are:

* Dashboards

* Email Templates

And then some of the time eclipse is finding non-existent differences in object files (both custom and standard) although this isn't happening with every object.

I'm not sure about this, but I don't believe this happened like this in prior versions of the IDE.  Is this an IDE bug, or something I'm doing wrong?  Other colleagues are experiencing the same thing, so I don't think it's anything to do with my particular setup.

Thanks!