function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kenji775Kenji775 

URGENT - Aggregate query does not support queryMore(), use LIMIT...

Sigh, so I've hit another odd error with not much to be found on google. I have a simple aggregate query that effetivly acts as a rollup.

AggregateResult[] campaignTotals = [select  SUM(Actual_Male_Quota__c)males, 
	                                                    SUM(Actual_Female_Quota__c)females, 
	                                                    SUM(total_Respondents__c)total, 
	                                                    SUM(Total_Master_Caller_Recruits__c)caller,
	                                                    SUM(Total_Master_IVR_Recruits__c)ivr,
	                                                    SUM(Total_Master_Web_Recruits__c)web,
	                                                    parentId 
	                                                    From Campaign 
	                                                    where isActive = true and 
	                                                    recordTypeID = :ParentRecordType.id and
	                                                    parentId != null
	                                                    group by parentId 
	                                                    LIMIT 500];

And I'm getting the error

Failure Message: "System.Exception: Aggregate query does not support queryMore(), use LIMIT to restrict the results to a single batch", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.UpdateTopLevelCampaignCounters.updateCountersTrigger: line 14, column 45 Class.unitTests.testUpdateUmbrellaCounters: line 335, column 36 External entry point"

I decided to include a limit statment (even though I think that would basically cause this query to be useless since it will likely return junk results but as a test I figured it was worth it. That still didn't resolve it. Is the limit lower? Is there something else I should be doing here instead? Below is the full code for the trigger.

WebService static boolean updateCountersTrigger()
    { 
    	try
    	{
	    	RecordType ParentRecordType = [select id from RecordType where name = 'FPI Parent Campaign'];
	    	Campaign[] updateCampaigns = new Campaign[]{};
	        AggregateResult[] campaignTotals = [select  SUM(Actual_Male_Quota__c)males, 
	                                                    SUM(Actual_Female_Quota__c)females, 
	                                                    SUM(total_Respondents__c)total, 
	                                                    SUM(Total_Master_Caller_Recruits__c)caller,
	                                                    SUM(Total_Master_IVR_Recruits__c)ivr,
	                                                    SUM(Total_Master_Web_Recruits__c)web,
	                                                    parentId 
	                                                    From Campaign 
	                                                    where isActive = true and 
	                                                    recordTypeID = :ParentRecordType.id and
	                                                    parentId != null
	                                                    group by parentId 
	                                                    LIMIT 500];

//Loop over the aggregate result set
	        for (AggregateResult ar : campaignTotals) 
	        {   
	            Campaign thisCampaign = new Campaign(Id=String.valueOf(ar.get('parentId')));
	            thisCampaign.Total_Project_Males__c = double.valueOf(ar.get('males'));
	            thisCampaign.Total_Project_Females__c = double.valueOf(ar.get('females'));
	            thisCampaign.Total_Project_Caller_Recruits__c = double.valueOf(ar.get('caller'));
	            thisCampaign.Total_Project_IVR_Recruits__c = double.valueOf(ar.get('ivr'));
	            thisCampaign.Total_Project_WEb_Recruits__c = double.valueOf(ar.get('web'));
	            thisCampaign.Total_Project_Respondents__c = double.valueOf(ar.get('total'));
	            thisCampaign.Global_Counters_Last_Updated__c =System.now();
	            //Add this new account to the list of account objects
	            updateCampaigns.add(thisCampaign);
	        }

//Update the account object.
	        update updateCampaigns; 
	        return true;     
    	}    
        catch(Exception e)
        {
        	return false;  
        }
    }

User@SVFUser@SVF

Hi 

First, we cannot give limit on the aggregate queries because, the limit in aggregate queries limits only the no.of aggregate results but not the actual no.of rows being retrieved.

The fix for this would be either add more conditions to limit the no.of rows that the soql is trying to retrieve (or) if we need to process all the records, use asynchronous calls / batch apex

DodiDodi

@

fyi, this issue still happens in batch apex