function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChazDadChazDad 

Trying to upDate a CustomObject__c from Opportunity Product2 tables

(Help Me John Henning!!)

I'm trying to get a field in a custom object to update with Product line items from a Std Oppty object.

I'm getting snagged (declaratively) on the Field Update function ootb. Formula doesn't want to provide direct mapping (updating) from Opportunity Products [line items] to a custom object as string or even a list.

Is there a Trigger that will pull from Product2 and update separate line items into a text area or field of the custom object?

And/Or a Formula that will update from Product2 to a custom object?

Better yet, when creating the custom field that I'm wanting updated inthe custom obj - what type of relationship should I create the field under "Master Detail"?  or "Lookup"?

Oy Ve!  Thx in Advance!

Michael

Hargobind_SinghHargobind_Singh

The workflow field updates can only update the master record fields of the object, i.e., if there is any object that is Master for product-line-items.. you can update that.

For custom object, I think  writing a custom trigger would be a good choice. 

ChazDadChazDad

Thx hs1 !

I'm still not fully conceptualizing the schema here.

I'm trying to update a custom object field or list from Product Line Items in a Std Oppty object. I take it from your reply that I'm to write a trigger for the customObj__c at hand which would use the relationship name for calling the Product Line Items? This is definitely pushing me to my APEX limits, which is great! but I'm pressed for time (gee how unique! LOL)

Thx Again