function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DrawloopSupportDrawloopSupport 

"No such column" error after Winter '11 Upgrade

We are receiving this error only in client orgs that have been upgraded to Winter '11:

No such column '[FIELD - we have seen CurrencyIsoCode and RecordTypeId]' on entity '[OBJECT - we have seen Contact, User, and Opportunity]'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

We are unable to replicate this in our developer org and the debug logs from the client orgs are not helpful. None of our Apex code queries or references currency fields let alone CurrencyIsoCode and do not query for RecordTypeId on Contact, Opportunity, or User. The client orgs do not have multiple currencies enabled.

This could potentially be a serious issue when the rest of the Salesforce instances are upgraded to Winter '11 this coming weekend.

We have additionally logged a case with Salesforce. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

akrikosakrikos

We're seeing the same issue with a managed package that we have on the app exchange.

We see that error in 2 places: Campaign and something that looks like a custom object, but has a name that is the same as the managed package name. We've contacted Salesforce Support, but no useful response yet -- they may be having issues all over the place with this.

EJWEJW

This is a known high priority issue with Winter '11 and it's currently being worked on by SalesForce.com.  It's an intermittent problem and we've seen it occur with our managed package as well.  The problem seems to occur for a period of time and then go away, though possibly only temporarily.

I've seen this occur with custom objects and standard objects for the CurrencyIsoCode, RecordTypeId and Id fields.

EJW,

Do you have a Salesforce support case number? 

Thanks!!

EJWEJW

Sure, case 0395035.

akrikosakrikos

If you'd like another case number, ours is 03952736

-Mark

Software Developer

iContact

jhartjhart

And ours is 03954107: I posted a similar thread in the Visualforce forum as we've only see this problem there (actually, I got two non-Visualforce errors with CurrencyIsoCode over the weekend but wrote them off as being thrown during the upgrade itself).  Thanks to EJ for directing me to this post.

A_SmithA_Smith

Hello All,

We're actively working on this issue and should hopefully have it resolved very soon.  We're putting the finishing touches on a fix.  If all goes well, we should have it released before tomorrow morning.  I'll update this thread with additional information as it becomes available.    

I apologize the issue and thanks to all of you for logging cases as they were very useful in our investigation.

Andrew Smith

Senior Product Manager, ISVs

salesforce.com

Hayata T.Hayata T.

You will have to judge this for your own orgs individually, but adding a Record Type but not assigning it to any Profiles seems to be a workaround.  I only did this on the Account object where I was experiencing issues.  Your mileage may vary.

Obviously the advise-ability of this workaround will depend on your immediate needs and downstream impacts to your org.  If you are not familiar with Record Types you may want to simply wait for the real fix.

VarunCVarunC

I've also logged in a case for same RecordTypeId missing column error: Case# - 03954903 .... hope to see a fix soon .. thnx for the info though ..

A_SmithA_Smith

----- Update -----

Our attempt to deploy a fix last night for this issue was unsuccessful.  We are actively working on a resolution and will hopefully have a new fix ready for deployment tonight.  As discussed, for the RecordTypeId error you can create a record type not assigned to any profiles on the object as a temporary work around.  Then after our fix is deployed, you can delete the record type as long as no records or profiles are using it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please know that we are working on this issue with the utmost urgency.

ericLaericLa

I think I have a fix!!!!

We are using non-profit edition. Within customize/accounts/record types there was already a record type in there called "Individual". (this is for the situation where people without accounts become their own accounts in the non-profit edition). 

I noticed it was NOT active. I edited the record type, made it active, and immediately I can now view Accounts again without the error. I deactivated it, and immediately I get the error message again: 

"No such column 'RecordTypeId' on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

EJWEJW

Any update today Andrew?  I received an exception e-mail at 6:15 AM pacific time this morning so I'm guessing the fix didn't go in last night or didn't resolve the issue?

Thanks,

JasonGablerJasonGabler

I also noticed that the "Individual" record type is inactive for my client's NPSP organization that is receiving this error.  However, activating the record type did not solve the problem.

Also, another NPSP organization client I have still has the record type active.  Though, they might not have gone through their time in the maintainance cycle yet.

How can I receive some sort of e-mail or feed for updates on this issue?  Unfortunately, I had to learn about it through the error being reported by my client.

Awaiting a solution --

jason

Also, while the RecordTypeId work around works for this error, there is not a work around for the CurrencyIsoCode error, but this error seems to be less frequent. 

akrikosakrikos

The CurrencyIsoCode issue appears to have been resolved on some orgs that we have on na7 that we use for internal testing.

I'm not sure if that is indicative of Salesforce having fixed the issue, but it seems like a good sign.

LizCommonGroundLizCommonGround

Thanks for the tip! It resolved the problem for us.

A_SmithA_Smith

----- Update -----

The CurrencyIsoCode error was resolved overnight.  We are currently testing a fix for the RecordTypeId issue.  If all goes well, it will be released later today.  

Marlene.ax824Marlene.ax824

Hello,

Can you please provide an update when the RecordTypeId issue is resolved?  Thank you.

A_SmithA_Smith

Both issues are now resolved.  We're taking appropriate steps to ensure this issue doesn't occur again.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you are still experiencing a problem, please log a case with Salesforce Support.