function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SBKSBK 

apex:pageBlock & rerender

I have a <apex:form> and two <apex:pageBlock> in a page.

The reason for having two <apex:pageBlock> is, each get their own <apex:pageBlockButtons> 

Here is what my code looks like :

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock title="New" mode="edit" id="newPageBlock">

<apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!add}" rerender="current_data"/>

<apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="new data" columns="1">

........ </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlock title="Update" mode="edit" id="current_data">

<apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!add}"/>

<apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="update data" columns="1">

<apex:outputPanel>

</<apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

The idea is to rerender any new data in the update data.

The above code does not work.

My question is can I rerender between page blocks? How would I resolve this problem?

Thanks a million 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi SBK,

If the code that you posted is exactly what your page contains then you have an error on the closing tag of your outputPanel.

Here is a test page and controller that simulate what you are trying to do, and seem to work fine for me.

<apex:page controller="bTestController"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="New" mode="edit" id="newPageBlock"> <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top"> <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!add}" rerender="current_data"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="new data" columns="1"> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Update" mode="edit" id="current_data"> <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top"> <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!add}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="update data" columns="1"> <apex:outputPanel> {!timeStamp} </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page> public with sharing class bTestController { public String timeStamp { get { return DateTime.now() + ''; } set; } public PageReference cancel() { return null; } public PageReference add() { return null; } }