function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mikkamikka 

How to write test coverage to meet conditions for UserInfo language?

Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I create a test coverage with this certain piece of code: if (UserInfo.getLanguage() == 'en_US') { //implementation goes here... } else if (UserInfo.getLanguage() == 'zh_TW') { //implementation goes here... } How can I write test coverage both for English and Chinese language? Is there a method like setLanguage which is good only for executing test coverages? Currently my test coverage is lower than 75% because it cannot cover the other language since it uses the default language set in the portal. Please help!!! Many many thanks for those who will reply... Mikka ^_^
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

In unit tests, you can create a new user programmatically and then run code as that user - would that work in your scenario?

mikkamikka

Hi Bob_buzzard,

Thanks for your reply. I was also eyeing for that but do you have an idea on how to connect the Account object to User object to define the LanguageLocaleKey of the certain client/user I will be creating? Currently, I have this pseudocode:

Account accountSuccessTest = new Account(  FirstName='AcME',

LastName='GX', RecordTypeId =  PersonAccountTypeId,

Client_Id__c = '!@#$%^&*()',

Client_ID__pc='abcde12345',

First_Name_Chinese__c= ' ',

Last_Name_Chinese__c = ' '
                                                                                   );

Insert accountSuccessTest;

Then, I want this new account to be associated to the new user that I will be creating having a LanguageLocaleKey of 'zh_TW'. Such a time that I will call the method I am testing to pass these set of fields:

formatNameWithPolicyId(accountSuccessTest.FirstName,

accountSuccessTest.LastName,

policySuccessTest.policy_number__c,

accountSuccessTest.First_Name_Chinese__c,

accountSuccessTest.Last_Name_Chinese__c);

So that when I run the test coverage, the languagelocalekey that can be detected from this client is Chinese.

If these sounds more confusing, I will gladly reply to elaborate this further.

Again many thanks!!!

Mikka ^_^