function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
re_plagasre_plagas 

[URGENT] Vfpage custom delete link - ConfirmationToken

Hi guys, I've created a link which enables the user to delete the specific stuff they want. In this case, it's Notes.

But when I click delete, I links me to a page which says:

The attempted delete was invalid for your session. Please confirm your delete.

What should I put in my codes to prevent this from happening?

<apex:page standardController="Handoff__c" showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />   
    <style>
        .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none}
        .inactiveTab {background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none}
        .br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}
    </style>
 </head>
    <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabNotes" id="CustomObjectTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactivetabClass="inactiveTab">          
        <apex:tab label="Notes" name="Notes" id="tabNotes">           
            <apex:form >
                <apex:pageBlock title="Notes">
                    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Handoff__c.Notes}" var="note">
                       <apex:column value="{!note.body}" />
                        <apex:column HeaderValue="Edit"><a href="/{!LEFT(note.id,15)}/e?&retURL=%2Fapex%2FViewNA%3Fid%3D{!Handoff__c.Id}">Edit</a></apex:column>

<apex:column HeaderValue="Del"><a href="/setup/own/deleteredirect.jsp?delID={!LEFT(note.id,15)}&_CONFIRMATIONTOKEN" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this note?')">Del</a></apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
                    <apex:commandbutton value="Add Notes" action="/002/e?parent_id={!LEFT(Handoff__c.Id,15)}&retURL=%2Fapex%2FViewNA%3Fid%3D{!Handoff__c.Id}"/>
                </apex:pageBlock>
            </apex:form>
        </apex:tab>
    </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

It is likely because of a combination of cross-domain authentication mixed with a bad case of weird HTML rendering caused by the method by which you are attempting to render this page.

Some suggestions:

• Do not use the head tag in your code. Doing so overrides Visualforce's default mechanisms and prevents a normal header from being emitted. Instead, use the attributes available on the apex:page element.
  • Use an apex:commandLink, and use the standard New, Edit, and Delete methods of an ApexPages.StandardController instead.
  • You will need an extension to emit a correct Note.New page; it appears that the standard controller for notes is not easily accessible in Visualforce.
  • Never modify an ID value to avoid breaking future compatibility if Salesforce changes their ID scheme. The 18-character version that is emitted by Apex Code is well understood by the UI, as are the 15-character versions. You are not enhancing or fixing anything, but instead you risk breaking future upgrades.
  • Because you are hard-coding links, Salesforce can not correctly pass any additional parameters, such as additional ID values, session information as required, etc. Use an $Action global object whenever you are attempting a standard action, or the ApexPages.StandardController methods using an extension or custom controller.
Good Idea:
<apex:commandLink action="{!account.delete}" onclick="if(confirm('Are you sure?')) return true">Del</apex:commandLink>
Bad Idea:
<a href="/setup/own/deleteredirect.jsp?delID={!Account.Id}&_CONFIRMATIONTOKEN" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?')">Del</a>
Note that the correct method is actually shorter than the incorrect method, and is future-proof against any changes that might occur in a future release. It also allows the system to generate the correct parameters such as retURL.

re_plagasre_plagas

What I'm trying to do here is delete the notes displayed in my custom vf page, not the whole record.  I undersand that what I coded might not be the best practices, but other than that I'm not sure of how to produce the codes which I'm tasked to do.