function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jStarkjStark 

Salesforce-to-Salesforce and record IDs

Hi everyone, I have a question on how IDs are handled with Salesforce-to-Salesforce. Let's say I have Company A, and Company B, who have a Connection. Company A is publishing Leads with a few fields, and Company B is subscribing. Before the Connection was created, Company B had a bunch of Leads. Company B is also creating its own Leads for other purposes, that end up getting converted. Now we're creating Leads in Company A, and doing some work in Company B with the data in those Leads. What happens when a Lead in Company A has the same ID as a Lead in Company B? How does Company B differentiate between the two Leads? If I have 1 custom field on the Lead in Company A that Company B is allowed to update, I run the risk of having multiple Leads with the same ID.

Any information, or the place to look to find it would be great. I did some searching, and reading up on Salesforce-to-Salesforce but I didn't see anything down to this level of detail.

Thanks,

Jed

sam_Adminsam_Admin

whenever the other org subscribes for the record the record id changes, so there is no chance for duplication of id's