function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
foodrunnerfoodrunner 

Move Files in and out of Content with Triggers or Classes?

I am trying to integrate the standard quote object with Content to send package quotes with appropriate marketing documentation in Content to package and use the Content Delivery. I am trying to find apex information for Content and am not finding anything. Where can I find this information? can someone give me a link?

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
crop1645crop1645

foodrunner --

Look in the Web Services API Developer guide under the Reference | Standard Objects section. Then look for the SObjects starting with the word Content...

Inserting Content records is multi-step:

1. You  insert a Content Version record (this auto-creates a ContentDocument record)

2. You insert a junction record (ContentWorkspaceDoc) between a ContentWorkspace record and your ContentDocument from step 1

3. You update your ContentVersion record with any custom fields or tags

All Answers

crop1645crop1645

foodrunner --

Look in the Web Services API Developer guide under the Reference | Standard Objects section. Then look for the SObjects starting with the word Content...

Inserting Content records is multi-step:

1. You  insert a Content Version record (this auto-creates a ContentDocument record)

2. You insert a junction record (ContentWorkspaceDoc) between a ContentWorkspace record and your ContentDocument from step 1

3. You update your ContentVersion record with any custom fields or tags

This was selected as the best answer
VarunCVarunC

Can contentversion trigger handle Delete trigger event? bcoz I tried putting a check such that if a custom field (in Content) value is something I need to prevent Delete of COntent and I couldn't do so. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or not?

ckellieckellie

Thanks for the help.