function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Reppin__505Reppin__505 

Managed Package - Custom Setting Visibility

I have created a managed package which involves a couple of triggers and a test class. There is a custom field and a custom setting.

In the custom setting i have a checkbox and a text field. The idea behind adding the custom setting was to enable the installer of the managed package to be able to change the default settings of the custom setting fields if and when they'd like to. As you can imagine this can be useful for many different types of scenarios.

Now the triggers work great looking up the values in the custom settings fields when the managed package is installed on the clients org, however the custom settings are not visible and therefore are static and not able to be changed.

Is there anyone that can tell me how i can make those custom settings visible in a managed package once installed on another organization?

Thank your for any input/advice.

paul-lmipaul-lmi
If the setting is set as protected, you have to write a Visualforce+Apex UI to modify it.
dwatsondwatson

When you create the custom setting change the visibility to Public instead of Protected.

Protected custom settings in a managed package seem to still behave strangely when they are installed as part of a managed package.  The link referenced above describes the issue in more detail and I can confirm the issue still exists in Winter '11.