function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MJ09MJ09 

List view on Apex Classes doesn't default to "All"

I have 2 list views defined for Apex Classes. There's one named Unit Tests that filters based on the Apex class name (all my unit test classes have a particular string in their name) and one named All. When I go to Setup | Develop | Apex Classes, the Unit Tests list view is displayed. I change it to All, and it shows me all classes, but when I go to Setup | Develop | Apex Classes again, it goes back to showing me the Unit Tests list view again. How can I make All (which is first alphabetically) the default list view for Apex Classes?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SargeSarge

Hi,

The default landing page (with custom filters)  for this one is the oldest list view you have created.

E.g. If you have created list views in this order 1) Unit Test 2) All  then it is going to land in page having list view of oldest created list view, i.e. Unit Test.

To Solve this, make the note of configuration of Unit test (iff you have only 2 views), and delete it. now you will have only one list view i.e. "All". Now you have to create "Unit Test" list view with recorded configuration. This will make "Unit Test" list view newer than "All" and hence the making "All" as default landing listview.

This is how the Apex class list view will default to "All" list view. The main idea here is that oldest created list view will be shown in landing page.

Cheers.

All Answers

SargeSarge

Hi,

The default landing page (with custom filters)  for this one is the oldest list view you have created.

E.g. If you have created list views in this order 1) Unit Test 2) All  then it is going to land in page having list view of oldest created list view, i.e. Unit Test.

To Solve this, make the note of configuration of Unit test (iff you have only 2 views), and delete it. now you will have only one list view i.e. "All". Now you have to create "Unit Test" list view with recorded configuration. This will make "Unit Test" list view newer than "All" and hence the making "All" as default landing listview.

This is how the Apex class list view will default to "All" list view. The main idea here is that oldest created list view will be shown in landing page.

Cheers.

This was selected as the best answer
MJ09MJ09

Thanks - that did the trick!