function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
um-dontaskmeum-dontaskme 

Unexpected Token due to Annual Revenue in Scientific Notation

I've created a button on Account list views that takes the selected Accounts from a standard list view and passes them to a visualforce page to mass assign tasks.  The page uses the StandardSetController for the Accounts, with an extension.

Everything's fine, except certain fields being used in the Account list view throw errors.  Basically, it looks like the list views allow you to use criteria that the standard set controllers cannot, like sorting by a multi-select picklist field.

But the real stumper is using currency criteria.  I can create a view of all Accounts in Germany with less than $50,000,000 in annual revenue.  But, I get an error when passing these accounts into the standard set controller, because it says:

and (AnnualRevenue < USD5.0000001E7) ^ ERROR at Row:4:Column:21 unexpected token: 'USD5.0000001E7'

That's the whole error, and the row and column don't relate to my code.  I'm guessing they are in the standard set controller?  It appears the issue is that it is treating the built-in AnnualRevenue field as scientific notation, which the standard set controller can't handle.  So why can't I pass Accounts from a list view into a list controller without bugs?  And how do I correct this specific one without having to write an entire custom controller that somehow ensures that currency fields are treated as numbers?