function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DineshNatarajanDineshNatarajan 

Could not find Your Name | Setup | Develop | Apex Classes.

Hi,

I have started developing visualforce and apex just today noon. so please excuse me,

I have added a visual force page and have displaed in a custom tab. But i now want to add some functions in a apex class.

When i go to  Name | Setup | Develop .. there are only API, COMPONENTS, CUSTOM SETTINGS, EMAIL SERVICES, PAGES, STATIC RESOURCES, REMOTE ACCESS.

There is no "Apex Classes" there. please tell me whether i have to enable something somewhere?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh.N

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
gotherthanthougotherthanthou

All Answers

Make sure your user's profile has the 'Author Apex' checkbox checked under Administrative Permissions.

mtbclimbermtbclimber

Is your account "Professional Edition"?  

What you've described sounds like the develop menu in the Professional Edition of the service. This edition does not include the ability to author Apex.  Your organization would need to upgrade to "Enterprise Edition" or "Unlimited Edition" in order to author apex.

DineshNatarajanDineshNatarajan

Hi,

Yes i am using a professional edition. I am using 30 days trial version.. is there a way i can try out the apex classes in enterprise or unlimited edition trial version? i am doing a POC and exploring the capabilities what we can achieve.

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh.N

This was selected as the best answer