function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vikramkkvikramkk 

Search for custom object records

Hi all

I have a scenario where I have a lookup between a custom object and opportunity. But in the search results when  search with opportunity name it should also display that custom object record which has the same name as that of Opportunity. It is not possible with standard search. I think it can achieved by visual force component. If anybody worked on a scenario like this and have a sample code please share.

Thanks

FromCRMWonderlandFromCRMWonderland
It is possible for standard global search. Explain in detail which kind of standard search you are referring....
Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma

If you are talking about the salesforce native search , then only need to enable the serach on the custom object and this will be displayed in the serach result.

vikramkkvikramkk

using standard sf search when I search with opportunity name it is displayed in results. But I want the custom object record which has the same name as opportunity record also be displayed. But it is not displayed using standard search.

vikramkkvikramkk

what i meant is by searching with a opportunity name, I want child objects of that opportunity should also be displayed in search results.

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma

Okay, In that case you need to go with the Visual Force page.