function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajahmrajahm 

Can not Create APEX class

I am trying to create new APEX class but I do not see "new" when
I go to Setup->Develop->Apex Classes

I am able to create new Visual Force pages Any idea ? Is this a license issue?

how to resolve it ?

thanx in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Development Mode is not the same as your environment. You can be in Development Mode and be in Production.

1. Do you see in the upper right anything that says "Sandbox". You typically get a small text in upper right of browser which tells you which Sandbox you are in. If you don't see that then you are in a Production or Developer Edition Environment.

Go to Setup -> Data Management. Do you see an option for Sandboxes? If you do than you are in a Production org. Login to one of the Sandboxes to make your Apex Classes.

Checkout the Developer Guide Docuemntation on the developer.force.com, the deployment section, for more details.

All Answers

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

What environment are you in? Production/Developer, Sandbox, ETC.

You cannot create new Apex Classes in Production. You have to create Apex Classes in your Sandbox Environment first, and then Deploy them to Production.

rajahmrajahm

Thnaks Cory. When I goto Setup ->Personal Information ->

I see that I have enabled developement mode.

So I can see that I am not in production mode is that correct interpretation ?

Thanks

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Development Mode is not the same as your environment. You can be in Development Mode and be in Production.

1. Do you see in the upper right anything that says "Sandbox". You typically get a small text in upper right of browser which tells you which Sandbox you are in. If you don't see that then you are in a Production or Developer Edition Environment.

Go to Setup -> Data Management. Do you see an option for Sandboxes? If you do than you are in a Production org. Login to one of the Sandboxes to make your Apex Classes.

Checkout the Developer Guide Docuemntation on the developer.force.com, the deployment section, for more details.

This was selected as the best answer
Test Test 5097Test Test 5097
I am in the sanbox mode. But My option for Apex class is disabled, also in my develoeper edition on sandbox menu , I don't see a tick for Apex class. How do I enable Apex Class permission for Sandbox. Also I can't see Author Apex checkbox in any of the Administrative permissions of any profile.
Rahul Sharma 350Rahul Sharma 350
I have created the developer sandbox still i am not able to create the apex class.
Damaris QuirozDamaris Quiroz
I have a developer account on salesforce, then I create a sandbox there. Once I get to log in on my sandbox... I found out I can't still create Apex Class.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Any ideas?