function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CodeBeeCodeBee 

How can i make appearance of textbox when specific picklist value selected ?

Good day,

I have a picklist in edit page(Not VF page) and when user select certain value, i want to show a textbox and allow user to enter comment on it, any chance how i can figure it out without playing trick on validation rule ?

Thanks!

b-Forceb-Force

In straight way it is not possible to show/hide any text box based on some picklist value [there is no any standard way to do so ]

If bussiness need this then we need to go for some tricky javascript techniques ...... after all on client side every thing is plain DHTML

Thanks,

Bala

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Strictly speaking, you can not currently do this without VF. However, if you created a custom home page component, added it to the sidebar, and set the UI to always show custom sidebar elements, it would be feasible to do this. I once created a Field Level Help that apparently nobody thought was cool (note, this does not work any more for some inexplicable reason). Salesforce seems to be designed to generally disallow this type of functionality, so you are best of with using VF to suit your needs.

CodeBeeCodeBee

Hi Bala,

What are the tricky javascript you mentioned here ? how can i apply it ?

Thanks

b-Forceb-Force

create a Narrow HTML component,

add this HTML in Home page component

<div id="demoContainer">
<script language="JavaScript">
var pa=document.getElementById("demoContainer").parentNode.parentNode; pa.style.display = "none";
var currentLocation=window.location;var ur=currentLocation+"";
var recordId=ur.split(".com/")[1].split("/")[0];</script>
/***Add your code to Show hide textbox base on recordId and checking its Edit mode**/
</div>

above cod e will hide this section from home page :) So User will not experiance any UI change

Hope this wll help you,

Thanks,

Bala