function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
naresh johnnaresh john 

Installation failed --please help

HI,

I created a managed package, and tried to install in a developer account for testing. But I am unable to install the package. I got bellow error.

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1960914926-8885 (595483773)".

How to resolve this issue. I am successfully uploaded my application to appexchange, but unable to install it.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Naresh

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

The issue is that your override for the Edit button on this object is invalid: CnPRecurring__c.  Try editing and saving the override again, then reupload the package.  

Thanks,

All Answers

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Is this the first time that you installed this package?

If yes, I would recommend you to log a support case to find out the exact issue.

naresh johnnaresh john

I installed this package(managed) before also. But we did some modifications and uploaded to appexchange. Now I am unable to install.

Can you please tell me how to log a support case to know exact issue.

Thanks,

Naresh

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

In the SFDC account, you will find  Help & Training. 

in that you willfind My Cases tab.

From there you can log a case.

A_SmithA_Smith

The issue is that your override for the Edit button on this object is invalid: CnPRecurring__c.  Try editing and saving the override again, then reupload the package.  

Thanks,

This was selected as the best answer
naresh johnnaresh john

HI Smith, thanks for the reply. I will try your solution in my salesforce account.

I override the new button in CnPRecurring__c custom object.

May I know the reason why overriding  caused error. And how to override the button so that it may not give error.

Thanks,

Naresh

naresh johnnaresh john

Thanks for the response.Its worked.

Thanks,

Naresh

Mr. WMr. W

I am experiencing the same issue while trying to upload a package.  Do you think it is caused by custom links and buttons as well?   

I recieve this message:

Error
Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (i voided the number)

Was it simply solved by opening a case and corresponding with the help there?  Any more information would be great.  Thanks!