function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross JamesRoss James 

Custom object has not yet been deployed - Custom Settings

I am using Custom Settings for the first time and hitting an issue. In my Sandbox, I have everything working great, I go to login as a user to check page layouts etc. and come across the problem below.

Why does a standard user in the sandbox get this error, but admins don't?

How do I deploy the Custom Setting to the instance it was created on? I did try to do this but was thrown an error in Eclipse as it already existed.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger UpdateRateScoringwithTask caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: UpdateRateScoringwithTask: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.UnexpectedException: No such column 'Name' on entity 'Churn_Risk_Settings__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. In this instance, it is not visible to the user because the custom object has not yet been deployed: Class.UpdateRateScoringwithTask.UpdateRateScoring: line 8, column 30

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

My bad - misread the original post.  I've not seen this one happen before.  

A couple of random thoughts

- is your class defined as with sharing?  If so, try changing it to without sharing. 

- is your setting public (though it shouldn't make any difference outside of managed packages).

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When you create/edit a custom object, there's a section right at the bottom called Deployment Status.  If this is set to "In Development" it will only be available to admin users.  Changing it to "Deployed" will allow regular users to access it.

Ross JamesRoss James

Bob, thanks for the response, but I am referring to a Custom Setting, not a Custom Object.

There is nowhere I can see where I can deploy a Custom Setting.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

My bad - misread the original post.  I've not seen this one happen before.  

A couple of random thoughts

- is your class defined as with sharing?  If so, try changing it to without sharing. 

- is your setting public (though it shouldn't make any difference outside of managed packages).

This was selected as the best answer
Ross JamesRoss James

Bob

I changed the sharing on the class, which solved it. Although the error didn't point me anywhere near that. I was fixated with the Custom Setting that I wasn't looking at anything else.

Thanks for your assistance.