function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TrickTrick 

Opportunity and Account related problem

Hi Friends,

I have to download certian accounts and upload them into another instance.Then I have to doownload opportunities related to accounts and upload into another instance.I am using data loader.Can somebody please give me steps on how to go about it?

I can export accounts easily into the excel sheet which can be uploaded into another instance.After that I can download opportunities.Now,I am not able to figure out how to associate accounts with opportunities.

Guys,Please help me soon as I need to do this quickly.

Thanks,

Trick

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
  1. Export the Accounts from source organization.
  2. Change the header of Id column to Old Id.
  3. Upload your accounts in organization through Data Loader. You will get a success.CSV file.
  4. Extract the Opportunities from the Source organization.
  5. Rename the AccountId column to Old Old AccountId.
  6. Now copy Id and Old Id column from Success.CSV if Accounts and Paste in in opportunities csv.
  7. Create a new Column in CSV of LookUp type named "AccountId".
  8. Your lookup will be vLookUp(Old AccountId column, [Old Id column: new Id column], new Id Column, false).

let me know if you are still having any issue.

TrickTrick

Thanks a lot for helping me,

I have not been able to do it properly.I am stuck at vlokup function .I have copied column headings from the opportunities table.Can u please help me with that.

ID      Old ACCOUNTID      NAME    DESCRIPTION       ID    OLD ID    Account ID

can u please help me setting up look up function with the above gven headers?

Thanks,

Trick

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma

Approach will be like this :

ID      ACCOUNTID      OLD Account ID    New Account ID New-ACCOUNTID(=vLookUp(ACCOUNTID, [OLD Account ID:New Account ID], 2, false));

check out the link:

http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/vlookup.php

TrickTrick

Hi Tech force

Would you mind giving me your email address.I can attach Excel files with everything  so that u can see what is that I am doing wrong.If u do not want to display your email address publicly.I am listing my email address which is ntns119@gmail.com.You can send me a mail and I will send you my excel files.

Thanks,

Trick