function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Force.comForce.com 

How to generate enterprise wsdl file?

Hi,

I need to download enterprise wsdl for my production.

The procedure which i am following is :

1) Go to Setup -> Develop -> API

2) Right click on "Generate Enterprise wsdl" and choose "save target as".

Saved file is called "generateEnterpriseWsdl.apexp". It doesnt have .wsdl ext.

Is this the right procedure?

Plz help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sdetweilsdetweil

when you click the generate WSDL button, the wsdl source code will be displayed in your brower as text.

you then have to use the browser file->save as menu to save the text to a file on your local machine.

you need to choose the filename and extension during this save operation.. I user sfdc_enterprise.wsdl so I remember later.

I have only use the firefox browser during this operation

Sam

All Answers

chandra2ravichandra2ravi

delete extension apexp. save as like this "generateEnterprise.wsdl" 

Force.comForce.com

Thanks..

I tried by changing the name of "generateEnterprisewsdl.apexp" to enterprise.wsdl but it generated the following exceptions:

[WSC][wsdlc.run:312]Created temp dir: C:\Users\astrea\AppData\Local\Temp\wsdlc-temp-43773-dir
Exception in thread "main" com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlParseException: Parse error: Found invalid XML. entity reference name can not contain character =' (position: END_TAG seen ...outLocation" value="https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=301&startURL=... @26:438) 
	at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlParser.next(WsdlParser.java:93)
	at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Definitions.read(Definitions.java:110)
	at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlFactory.create(WsdlFactory.java:68)
	at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.<init>(wsdlc.java:75)
	at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.run(wsdlc.java:312)
	at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.main(wsdlc.java:303)
Caused by: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Found invalid XML. entity reference name can not contain character =' (position: END_TAG seen ...outLocation" value="https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=301&startURL=... @26:438) 
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.XmlInputStream.next(XmlInputStream.java:137)
	at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlParser.next(WsdlParser.java:89)
	... 5 more
Caused by: com.sforce.ws.parser.XmlPullParserException: entity reference name can not contain character =' (position: END_TAG seen ...outLocation" value="https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=301&startURL=... @26:438) 
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXParser.parseEntityRef(MXParser.java:2204)
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXParser.parseAttribute(MXParser.java:2033)
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXParser.parseStartTag(MXParser.java:1783)
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1250)
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1085)
	at com.sforce.ws.parser.XmlInputStream.next(XmlInputStream.java:135)
	... 6 more

chandra2ravichandra2ravi

1) Go to Setup -> Develop -> API

2) Generate Enterprise WSDL

3) Click on Generate Button

4) after page load completed  go to file menu save page as "generateEnterprise.wsdl"

Force.comForce.com

When I am clicking on "Generate" button, page is linked to another page which displays following text:

Login to the Salesforce.com SOAP Api Describe an sObject Describe a number sObjects Describe the Global state Describe all the data category groups available for a given set of types Describe the data category group structures for a given set of pair of types and data category group name Describe the layout of an sObject Describe the layout of the SoftPhone Describe the tabs that appear on a users page Create a set of new sObjectsUpdate a set of sObjects Update or insert a set of sObjects based on object id Merge and update a set of sObjects based on object id Delete a set of sObjects Undelete a set of sObjects Empty a set of sObjects from the recycle bin Get a set of sObjects Submit an entity to a workflow process or process a workitem convert a set of leads Logout the current user, invalidating the current session. Logs out and invalidates session ids Get the IDs for deleted sObjects Get the IDs for updated sObjects Create a Query Cursor Create a Query Cursor, including deleted sObjects Gets the next batch of sObjects from a query Search for sObjects Gets server timestamp Set a user's password Reset a user's password Returns standard information relevant to the current user Send outbound email ...

I dont understand what it is all about.

sdetweilsdetweil

when you click the generate WSDL button, the wsdl source code will be displayed in your brower as text.

you then have to use the browser file->save as menu to save the text to a file on your local machine.

you need to choose the filename and extension during this save operation.. I user sfdc_enterprise.wsdl so I remember later.

I have only use the firefox browser during this operation

Sam

This was selected as the best answer
chandra2ravichandra2ravi

i am getting same error in chrome, But firefox is wrking fine.

Force.comForce.com

Earlier I was using chrome but then i switched to mozilla firefox and got success in saving the wsdl file as suggested.

Thanks.

ray chengray cheng
When I go to Setup -> Develop -> API but don't see Generate Enterprise wsdl. Instead, I only see a page telling me to get more info from http://developer.salesforce.com

I'm using 30 day trial, will that be a problem?
Dmytro BischakDmytro Bischak

Have the same issue as ray cheng.
Is it restriction of trial version?

Paul CuthbertPaul Cuthbert
I have the same problem as well.
sfdjl sdfjlsdsfdjl sdfjlsd
Has anybody solved  ray cheng problem?
Peter MetcalfPeter Metcalf
I'm having the same problem as Ray Cheng.  Can someone at least post the URL with the Generate Enterprise WSDL button or link?  Getting sent to a generic page like http://developer.salesforce.com when I clicked on something as specific as Setup > Develop > API is frustrating for me and exteremly unhelpful from you.
Marco ScalaMarco Scala
hi! Same Problem Here!!!! Did someone at SalesForce realized that they changed the application?!?!

Marco
Gilana RMGilana RM
Hi,
I got this reply back for my question regarding the Enterprose WSDL file problem in salesForce forum:

"This is due to the fact that within trial orgs you cannot do development as Salesforce does not provide development capabilities in trial org. 
If you want to download wsdl and do any development, then you would have to upgrade your edition from trial orgs to either developer, enterprise or unlimited editions because in these editions by default you get these options to download wsdl and do any kind of development." 
Peter MetcalfPeter Metcalf
It sounds like Gilana's reply back answered the specific question for this thread, but not "ours".  Is there a thread with an answer to the Ray Cheng question "When I go to Setup -> Develop -> API but don't see Generate Enterprise wsdl. Instead, I only see a page telling me to get more info from http://developer.salesforce.com"?

We have the Enterprise version, not a trial version and there is no Generate button or Enterprise WSDL link.
Elio ShytiElio Shyti
I have also the same problem. Did anybody resolved this issue?
Asigra 3Asigra 3

I can generate the WSDL by clicking that button. However, my problem isthat, it always generate the WSDL with current API version which is 53. However, I would like to generate the WSDL for API version 48, since version 53 WSDL cannot work with JDK 8, it need higher JDK versions.

Anybidy have ideas how could we generate WSDL for older API versions?