function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Force.comForce.com 

How to generate apex classes from enterprise wsdl?

I have enterprise wsdl file. I was trying to develop apex classes from that wsdl but got success just for 1 apex class called "faultEnterpriseSoapSforceCom".

Two other apex classes called "sobjectEnterpriseSoapSforceCom " and "enterpriseSoapSforceCom " were giving compile time errors.

I need the apex classes urgently. How should i generate them?

Plz help.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The entire Enterprise WSDL is too large for Apex Code to consume (this is noted in the documentation). You'll need to trim out excess WSDL objects and methods that do not relate to your intended usage. There are many limitations in place surrounding WSDL code generation for Apex Code to the Force.com platform, including a loopback limitation, data type restrictions, and code size limitations. Please refer to the various bits and pieces in the Help & Training window and Apex Code Developer's Guide for a better understanding of these limitations.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The entire Enterprise WSDL is too large for Apex Code to consume (this is noted in the documentation). You'll need to trim out excess WSDL objects and methods that do not relate to your intended usage. There are many limitations in place surrounding WSDL code generation for Apex Code to the Force.com platform, including a loopback limitation, data type restrictions, and code size limitations. Please refer to the various bits and pieces in the Help & Training window and Apex Code Developer's Guide for a better understanding of these limitations.

This was selected as the best answer
Force.comForce.com

Thanks for your help.

Legendary PerformanceLegendary Performance

But what is the easiest and fastest way to address these issues. Whenever we try generating the apex from partner and enterprise wsdl this is the common issue mass face. How can anyone of us or salesforce itslef  provide the step by setp solution.  If this been addressed each one us will be able to conentarte on writing our global webservice class to meet the business need than spending ample time over figuring out the wsdl to apex stuff everytime.