function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BellaBella 

Custom Ownership Assignment From Lead Conversion

Hi I have a rather odd situation I wonder if someone can help me with. I have an apex trigger that uses a custom assignment object to fill out some fields on an account converted from a lead. A few are just text fields but it's supposed to also change the owner to whatever user is listed on the custom assignment record it picked up.

Now the strange part is that while all the text fields are always correctly filled out, the owner only works correctly when a user with profile A does the conversion. If user with profile B does it, the text fields will be filled out correctly but the owner will be wrong. I don't get any apex exceptions and both profiles have full read/write access to all the objects in question, so I'm at a loss as to why this keeps happening.

Can someone explain to me, in as much detail as possible, what are the standard rules for ownership of contacts upon lead conversion? Because at this point I'm thinking that in one case the standard rules work but in another my trigger does custom assignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.