function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SheffySheffy 

Tip Of day

Hi,

i want to create a Tip Of Day, i.e. a small pop up window open with data.

How To create this one ??

thanks ,- Sheffy

kyle.tkyle.t

This isn't a complete soution for your request, however it may be able to get you started.  We have an alert that pops up on an opportunity based on record type.  It is a visualforce page which has been added to the page layout with pixel height of 0.

<apex:page StandardController="Opportunity">     
    <script>
        function init() {
            alert('This is the alert message');    
        }
        var recType = "{!Opportunity.RecordType.Name}";
        if (recType == 'MyOpptyRecType'){
            window.onload = init;
        }
    </script>
</apex:page>

basically it calls the function init when the opportunity loads if the record type matches "MyOpptyRecType".  init simply pops an alert to the screen which is dismissed by clicking 'oK'.  What you probably need is a controller extension which can grab the data you want to dispaly and pass it to the init funtion to display to the screen.

rohittharejarohitthareja

I want to show data that I had populated or stored somewhere in salesforce.

kyle.t wrote:

This isn't a complete soution for your request, however it may be able to get you started.  We have an alert that pops up on an opportunity based on record type.  It is a visualforce page which has been added to the page layout with pixel height of 0.

<apex:page StandardController="Opportunity">     
    <script>
        function init() {
            alert('This is the alert message');    
        }
        var recType = "{!Opportunity.RecordType.Name}";
        if (recType == 'MyOpptyRecType'){
            window.onload = init;
        }
    </script>
</apex:page>

basically it calls the function init when the opportunity loads if the record type matches "MyOpptyRecType".  init simply pops an alert to the screen which is dismissed by clicking 'oK'.  What you probably need is a controller extension which can grab the data you want to dispaly and pass it to the init funtion to display to the screen.

kyle.tkyle.t

You will need to look into controller extensions.  The idea is that the controller extension (or custom controller) will query for/ assemble the data and then you can use the visualforce page to pass that data to the alert.