function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tfoleytfoley 

I need to get the field names from Apex explorer

I am working with a lead provider to get him to be able to post leads directly into SalesForce.  (either http or XML).  He is asking me to get the field names as they show in salesforce coding.  I think this is API?  I downloaded the APex explorer but am unsure what to do at this point. I tried to login but it said I needed a security token.  Please help.

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

There is a simpler way for you to access the API name of the Lead fields (which is what your lead provider is asking for). Log into your Salesforce org via the browser and navigate to Setup-->Customize-->Lead-->Fields. You'll see a 'Field Name' column on that page (different from the 'Field Label' column). That is where you'll get the API name for all the standard fields on the Lead object. For getting the API names of the custom fields on your Lead object look for the 'API Name' column on that same page.

Hope this helps....

tfoleytfoley

THanks, I got this page up.  Now how do I pull just the field name and API names to send to my guy? 

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

Copy and paste :)

If you want a more automated way of getting all the field API names, you can use a Describe call in Apex or use the Metadata API, but those are more technical/time consuming options and hence the quickest thing to do is to just copy and paste all the API names from the page and send it to "your guy".