function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DhairyaDhairya 

Trigger Question

Hi,

For a particular product we do not want that sales rep. change unitprice and quantity. I wrote this trigger but its throwing me an error. 

trigger HealthOppProductTrigger on OpportunityLineItem (before insert, before update) {
 list <opportunitylineitem> opplines = trigger.new;
 for (Opportunitylineitem opp : opplines)
 {
 if(opp.ProductCode__c=='1000-1111')
 {
 if(trigger.isInsert ||  Trigger.oldmap.get(opp.id).quantity!=opp.Quantity || Trigger.oldmap.get(opp.id).unitprice!=opp.unitprice  )
 {
 if(opp.Quantity!=200.00 ||  opp.unitprice!=18 )

opp.quantity.addError('Quantity Should be 200 and Unit Price should be $18');

}

}

insert opp;
 }
}
Error Message at Runtime : Apex trigger HealthOppProductTrigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: iHealthOppProductTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.SObjectException: DML statment cannot operate on trigger.new or trigger.old: Trigger.iHealthOppProductTrigger: line 20, column 10
Appreciate your help.  
Thanks,
D

mtbclimbermtbclimber

You don't need to call insert on the objects in the trigger. Just remove the insert call.

Also, based on what I see here you should be able to use a formula validation rule anyway and avoid the code effort. Have you looked at them?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You need not write the insert command in trigger because the trigger is executing due the "Before insert" command. You just need to remove the "insert opp;" line from you trigger.