function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
minkeshminkesh 

how to add Product in custom object with the same functionality as it is in opportunity and quote.

Hi,

I have one requirement to add Product standard functionality in custom object.so if anyone knows please help me.If any suggestion you have let me know.

Minkesh Patel.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kritinkritin

For this you need to build one Custome object first like QuoteItems and this custom object will contain field like

Product

Quantity

List Price

Sales Price

Discount

Tax

Total Amount

And then after create a VF page to take all the above input fields from the user.

And provide a custom button there where user can also copies those records from Opportunity product line item also.

Read the VF page development pdf files..

All Answers

kritinkritin

For this you need to build one Custome object first like QuoteItems and this custom object will contain field like

Product

Quantity

List Price

Sales Price

Discount

Tax

Total Amount

And then after create a VF page to take all the above input fields from the user.

And provide a custom button there where user can also copies those records from Opportunity product line item also.

Read the VF page development pdf files..

This was selected as the best answer
minkeshminkesh

Thank you kritin. i also thought that i have to make custom page for that no other option was there and i have created that.

Thank you very much for reply.

minkeshminkesh

Hello Kritin,

I have another requirement to make filter picklist as it is in product. it contains Customfields name picklist.please help me If you have any idea about it.reply me soon.

Thank you.

kritinkritin

You needed filter on Custom picklist right?

but on what condition you needed these filter. If you have any dependancy ..you can create/define field dependent..

let me know if you needed else.

minkeshminkesh

Hello kritin,

I am making custom Product page so i need all the things which is in Product so that i need to make that filter also which is displayed when we are adding any new Product. Let me know If you can understand my problem.

Thank you.

Patricia LimPatricia Lim
@kritin I am also looking about how to do this with VF.
We have a custom object we would like to add products to and was wondering if you could elaborate more on how you can do this with visualforce?
Jenny HarmsJenny Harms
@patricia, Have you found a solution to this? I've been attempting to do the same thing.