function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dmchengdmcheng 

Change logging levels during deployment or for unit tests in production?

Hello.  Is there way a to adjust the various logging levels when deploying code to production using the IDE?  How about when running unit tests in production?  I want to turn off workflow and validation logging because the log size is overflowing.

thanks

David

myforcedotcommyforcedotcom

David, check out the ApexCode Devlopers guide. It has a list of log filter settings.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_debugging_debug_log.htm#kanchor506

dmchengdmcheng

Yes I've tried these settings, but the debug log settings do not affect deployment or unit test logging when the unit tests are run directly from the UI.

crop1645crop1645

dmcheng -- Boy do I know this problem!

First of all, I gave up on trying to have my regression test suite all fit within the SFDC debug log limit.  The default of DEBUG for APEX code is too verbose.  

Secondly, my workaround was to change all my System.debug(...) statements to System.debug(Logginglevel.INFO,'...') statements.   Then, if i ran unit tests in Sandbox, I could set the log filter to INFO and cut down my debug log to only the log statements I inserted (and hence cared about) rather than superfluous SFDC Apex DEBUG level lines.