function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
evgenykaevgenyka 

Issuw with Wokflow and trigger after Update

Hello All

I have a trigger on quote after update and approval workflow that change quote status to approved or rejected

When i approve from application there is no issues

However when using email to approve i receive an error

12:20:57.352|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01qP00000004FVf|Quote_afterUpdate on Quote trigger event AfterUpdate for [0Q0P000000007v1]
12:20:57.352|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[EXTERNAL]|System.ListException: Row with null Id at index: 0 12:20:57.352|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|Quote_afterUpdate on Quote trigger event AfterUpdate for [0Q0P000000007v1]

Strange thing about that i am keeping to receive this error even i keep trigger blank

trigger Quote_afterUpdate on Quote (after update)
{

}

Any thoughts are welcome

Thanks

Ralph CallawayRalph Callaway

That's pretty strange.  I'd recommending create a support case to address this one.

IceIce

Wondering if you found a resolution?  I've encountered the same issue with a 'before' trigger on a quote.  My scenario is the same.  Approval works through the UI, but not via email, even when the trigger body is commented out.

Hen.ax1047Hen.ax1047

I have the same problem.

Did you find any solution? 

IceIce

We have a case open with Salesforce.  They've acknowledged the problem, and are still researching.   No ETA yet on when it might be resolved.

Hen.ax1047Hen.ax1047

Thank you for your quick response.

I would be very grateful if you can update me when you are getting an answer, Thanks!

IceIce

Sure, I'll post when I know more.

IceIce

Salesforce has acknowledged the problem will occur under the following conditions:

- Approval or Rejection being received via email
- The approval step has a Field-Update Approval or Rejection Action
- The object has an Apex Trigger

It is an issue they are working on.  No ETA yet.

ODCGI80101ODCGI80101

Same Issue. Any updates from salesforce ?

Thanks

IceIce

No, still waiting. 

MichaelAnthonyMichaelAnthony

Same issue. Any idea if this will be fixed in the next release?

IceIce

Wish I could say yes.  Still waiting for an update.

Mitesh SuraMitesh Sura

Did anyone find the solution to this? 

I have similar issue please see my post here: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Issuw-with-Wokflow-and-trigger-after-Update/td-p/256943

IceIce

Not yet.  If Salesforce has done anything to resolve our case they've been quiet about it.

ali.ozdenali.ozden
I am having similar problem. Is this issue resolved or any suggestions?