function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pj_27pj_27 

Test class issue for OppOwner display trigger

Hi

I am writing a test class for the trigger that populates Proposed Opportunity Owner field (ProposedOpportunityOwner__c) with the Opportunity owner name. Trigger fires only if the user belongs to the Canada profile.This trigger is working fine and the field ProposedOpportunityOwner__c  is populated with the Opportunity Owner name.

In a test class I have created a Canada user and inserted an Opportunity in that users context.However for this inserted Opportunity I am getting the NULL value for ProposedOpportunityOwner__c field.

Please suggest.Thanks.

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Just checking, by context do you mean you're using System.runAs(CanadaUser)

pj_27pj_27

yes.

Please check the following code :

@istest
private  class OpportunityOwnerDisplay
{

public static testMethod void testRunAs()
    {

// This code runs as the Canada Proposal Team user
        Profile p = [select id from profile where name='Canada Sales Ops'];

User u = new User(alias = 'caduser', email='canadauser@ca.fujitsu.com',
        emailencodingkey='UTF-8', lastname='Testing', languagelocalekey='en_US',
        localesidkey='en_US', profileid = p.Id,
        timezonesidkey='America/Los_Angeles', username='caduser@ca.fujitsu.com.uat');

System.runAs(u)
        {
            String Uname = [select Name  from User u where username ='caduser@ca.fujitsu.com.uat'][0].Name;
            System.debug('The Username !@#!@#!@# '+Uname);

Id OpportunityRTId = [Select r.Id,r.Name  From RecordType r where r.Name ='CA Express Services - Simple/Pure'][0].Id;
            Id OppOwnerId = [Select u.Id From User u Where username = 'caduser@ca.fujitsu.com.uat'][0].Id;
            Id AccntSaaSRTId = [Select r.Id From RecordType r Where Name = 'SaaS Account Record'][0].Id;

District__c ObjDist =  new District__c(Name = 'TestDist',CurrencyIsoCode= 'USD');
            insert ObjDist;

Account ObjAcc = new Account( Name='MyTestAcc_',RecordTypeId = AccntSaaSRTId,  
            Industry2__c = 'Accommodation & Food', Type = 'Business Partner', CurrencyIsoCode = 'USD',
            BillingCity ='New York',BillingCountry = 'United States',BillingState ='MA',
            BillingStreet ='27,Myaddress',BillingPostalCode = '81024');        
             insert ObjAcc;    //Insert the Account Object

Opportunity objOpportunity = new Opportunity(Name = 'MyTestOpportunity_',
             RecordTypeId = OpportunityRTId ,Lead_Source_Name__c = 'MytestLead',OwnerId = OppOwnerId,  
            AccountId = ObjAcc.Id,CurrencyIsoCode ='USD',StageName ='Qualifying Deal',
            Contract_Type__c = 'T&M',ForecastCategoryName ='Pipeline',Location__c = ObjDist.Id ,
            CloseDate = Date.today().addDays(10), LeadSource='SAP',Type='New Client',
             Risk_Category__c ='Standard',Using_Proposal_Center__c = 'No');

insert objOpportunity;

System.debug('ProposedOpportunityOwner Name:@#@#@#@#'+ objOpportunity.ProposedOpportunityOwner__c);    
         }

}   

}

hey, it does not suffice to merely create the User in memory, as far as I'm aware.

you need insert statements.

so

insert u;

before you attempt to do a run as.

pj_27pj_27

I have updated the code by inserting the user as per your suggestion , still not working:

Code -

// featching the profile Id of to create the user of that profile('Canada Sales Ops')

Profile p = [select id from profile where name='Canada Sales Ops'];

User u = new User(alias = 'caduser', email='canadauser@ca.fujitsu.com',
        emailencodingkey='UTF-8', lastname='Testing', languagelocalekey='en_US',
        localesidkey='en_US', profileid = p.Id,
        timezonesidkey='America/Los_Angeles', username='caduser@ca.fujitsu.com.uat');

insert u ;

System.runAs(u)
        {

}

I'd recommend you double-check that this query Profile p = [select id from profile where name='Canada Sales Ops']; is actually returning a Profile and not null.

pj_27pj_27

No, It does not returns NULL ; it gives me the Id of the 'Canada Sales Ops' profile.

pj_27pj_27

Hello there ,any can please help on this ?