function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ivan@LMIvan@LM 

Data loading...into sandbox

Hi, Experts -

Has anyone faced with data loading into a sandbox issue around as sforce auto-generate record Ids and relationships to other objects are lost ? I am seeing some info people tried with creating an extra field as legacy_id, then Vlookup manual efforts....any automated way data loading/ imports into a sandbox be done. Hopefully to automate this process thru command line I am trying to get to ? Any ideas ....thanks.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Unless it is a "full sandbox", which will copy all your data over intact, you'll have to go through the normal dance routine to get your data in, one object at a time. I've done this before, and I know it's a painful experience. However, many people have already solved this problem; solutions such as DB Amp, Relational Junction, and Informatica has software that you can purchase. Here's an AppExchange link that might help you out: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/results?type=Apps&sort=6&filter=a0L30000001Qp8uEAC

There are at least a handful of products in this category that can painlessly perform a one-time copy, with or without duplication (in case you care, since it's only sandbox). The Data Loader was never intended to be a one-stop solution for migrating entire organizations or data (it started life as an internal salesforce.com tool for data migration experts to move data back and forth).

There are plenty of solutions out there, so take a close look at all of them to find the features you want at the price you can afford.

Ivan@LMIvan@LM

Thanks for info. I am new to sforce. This is dev sandbox I need to load limited data (over again in some sort of automated way) but relationships intact.