function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KaranrajKaranraj 

Task status checking

If i Created  task for person,

i want to check whether the task is updated or not,after the 2 days...is there any timely bassed trigger in sales force?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
KaranrajKaranraj

In the Time based workflow(time trigger),it wont check any condition,just after two days it will do it work......we cant assign any workflow rule in the time based workflow...for this type of issue,we can go for Scheduled Apex Code....it sloves my problem.

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

u can put the time based workflow to check whether task is updated or not....

KaranrajKaranraj

thanks for ur reply...

There is no condition to check whether the task is updated or not in time based trigger.

Will u explain me clearly?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

there are some system fields created date and lastmodifieddate. to check whether there is a change in that or not.. And for ur information its not a trigger its a tome based workflow ....

KaranrajKaranraj

ok..i created a new workflow rule for task,based on the createddate and last modified date..in the time based trigger i gave 2 days after the created date,and assign a new task to him.........

My question is,After two days,whether time based workflow will check once again the workflow rule or it simply do the action assigned to it. 

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

ya good point its not going to check once again,, first create a workflow when ever record is created(rule may be any thing like record name not equal to null) and put a timed trigger on that to check after 2 days from created date. then u can select an action and do that action once ur lastmodifieddate = createddate+2 or similar condition.... ..hope you got my point

KaranrajKaranraj

In the Time based workflow(time trigger),it wont check any condition,just after two days it will do it work......we cant assign any workflow rule in the time based workflow...for this type of issue,we can go for Scheduled Apex Code....it sloves my problem.

This was selected as the best answer
kiranmutturukiranmutturu

thats wat i am also saying.. but u can write the formula to check the condition and do any one of the action...for this its not required  a class ..