function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike @ G2Mike @ G2 

Looking for a Dev

Hi All,

I am looking for someone who would be able to make me an apex trigger to automaticaaly store and populate into our case descriptions, all chat transcripts incoming from a Live Person intergration.

If you have the knowledge and the time, please contact me to discuss a fee.

Thanks.

M

MandyKoolMandyKool

Hi Mike,

Could you please post your scenario for trigger here?

If its really complicated then you can look for a developer, but if its simple one I am ready to help free of charge :)

LakshmanLakshman

Hi Mike,

Please provide your Skype or personal Email/Gmail.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lakshman

Mike @ G2Mike @ G2

Hi Kulkarni,

The scenario is as follows:

My agents receive incoming chats from within the Live Person agent console. They then proceed to create a SF case from within the LP agent console using the LP --> SF integration package. Once they have finished populating the case and save it, the case then displays a link in the "chat transcripts" object that when clicked, sources the chat transcript from the LP servers. As the chat transcripts are not stored on our SF org, we therefore cannot manipulate the transcripts in an automated way to for example populate the case description with a chat transcript as opposed to the agent having to describe what happened during the chat all over again.

There is however an option in Salesforce to manually "store" chat transcripts, but again as far as io have tested it i have not been able to use the sotred chats in any way appart from opening them from within SF for review.

My ideal scenario would bw the following:

- Agent picks up the chat from the LP agent console

- Agent creates a SF case from the LP agent console via the SF -> LP integration

- Agent saves the case

- A copy of the chat transcript is populated in the case "Description" field automatically under the comments that the agent entered.

Having spoken to a couple of SF & LP reps/devs they informed me this could only be done using an apex trigger.

Your help is very appriciated, and i appologies for my delayed answer, this was due to leave.

Thanks,

M

Mike @ G2Mike @ G2

Hi Lakshman,

My Skype contact is: swiss_mike9 you can contact me at any time, many thanks for your time and help.

M