function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaredbakerjaredbaker 

Xfdf issues

So, I have the code running to create the .xfdf and attach it to the proper account.  Everything looked perfect, until I went to open my file.  Instead of the .xfdf opening and overlaying the online form, it instead downloads a new copy of itself.  Is there an issue in my xlm?  What am I doing wrong here.  Below is the code, and I have verified the .xfdf's are coming out correctly.

public with sharing class CreateIO {

DateTime nowDT=System.now();
    String formatted=nowDT.format('MM-dd-yyyy');

private String getXmlString(JJSale__c a)
{

String s = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' +
        '<xfdf xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/xfdf/" xml:space="preserve">' +
        '<f href="https://na11.salesforce.com/resource/1300398748000/IO_JJ"/>' +
        '<fields>' +
        '<field name="Acct Rep"><value>' + a.CreatedBy.Name + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Ad Cost"><value>' + a.Ad_Price__c + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Address"><value>' + a.Organization__r.BillingStreet + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Advertiser"><value>' + a.Organization__r.Name + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Bill to"><value>x</value></field>' +
        '<field name="City"><value>' + a.Organization__r.BillingCity + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Contact"><value>' + a.Contact__r.Name + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Date"><value>' + formatted + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Email"><value>' + a.Contact__r.Email + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Fax"><value>' + a.Contact__r.Fax + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="INSERTION DATES AND NOTES 1"><value>' + a.Journal_Issue__r.Name + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="INSERTION DATES AND NOTES 2"><value>' +
            a.Page_Requested__c + ', ' + a.Insertion_Notes__c + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Phone"><value>' + a.Contact__r.Phone + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="State"><value>' + a.Organization__r.BillingState + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Todays Date"><value>' + formatted + '</value></field>' +
        '<field name="Zip"><value>' + a.Organization__r.BillingPostalCode + '</value></field>' +
        '</fields><ids original="CB86FA72BFC7A2744D5052A67D1686EE" modified="C0A949601A5BB74AB94C1DAA08D65D2F"/>' +
        '</xfdf>';

return s;
}

public PageReference XFDFInit()
{
    JJSale__c a = [SELECT Id, CreatedBy.Name, Ad_Price__c, Organization__r.BillingStreet, Organization__r.Name,
                         Organization__r.BillingCity, Contact__r.Name, Contact__r.Email, Contact__r.Fax,
                         Journal_Issue__r.Name, Page_Requested__c, Insertion_Notes__c, Contact__r.Phone,
                         Organization__r.BillingState, Organization__r.BillingPostalCode
                         FROM JJSale__c
                         WHERE id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
    String xmlContent = getXmlString(a);

Attachment attachment = new Attachment();
        attachment.Body = Blob.valueof(xmlContent);
        attachment.Name = a.Organization__r.Name + '_' + formatted + '.XFDF';
        attachment.ParentId = a.Organization__r.Id;
        insert attachment;

PageReference orgPage = new PageReference('/' + a.Organization__r.id);
    orgPage.setRedirect(true);
    return orgPage;
}

}
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jaredbakerjaredbaker

Thank you Ron Hess for solving my problem.  Its a browser issue.  The file didn't want to open in Chrome.  It actually does work!

All Answers

jaredbakerjaredbaker

Thank you Ron Hess for solving my problem.  Its a browser issue.  The file didn't want to open in Chrome.  It actually does work!

This was selected as the best answer
Sai ThejaSai Theja
How you converted XFDF file to PDF?